Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Orchestrating for His Glory


What is it about well thought arguments, spoken with passion, which leaves me dissatisfied with my apathetically content lifestyle? Tonight I listened to a wonderful expression of God’s divine work that can be seen through out the Bible, which starts with a love for His creation and culminates in the exaltation of His Glory. Although I have heard of David Platt, it wasn’t until tonight that I had the privilege of listening to him thoughtfully explain the commands of God to:

Enjoy My (YHWH) Grace
AND
Extend MY (YHWH) Glory
(See Psalm 67)

As I grow older in my faith, the burden to see the lost come to recognize God’s glory becomes heavier and heavier. At times I even find myself gasping for air as the severity of the universal Christian command to make disciples becomes clearer to my selfish heart. Platt’s assertion that preaching the good news of Christ is 'it is not a calling - it is a command’ offers sweet relief knowing I do not have to wait for further orders from God to speak of His love and glory. I only need to do it.
           

 “The essence of Christianity
is not
‘God loves me.’
It is
‘God loves me
SO THAT
His glory will be known.’
-Platt

Last week I had the privilege of meeting a brother from Ghana, Africa. He is here until the end of this year while finishing his Doctorate, and will return to his family in Ghana; where he also a pastor of a local church and the president of Heritage Christian University– Ghana. It was after this meeting that I came home and told my wife that I want to visit Ghana on a missionary trip (hopefully the summer of 2013).

If you could change the world…would you?